image by Jennifer Greenburg, another ND participant.
get those entries ready, you have 18 days left (which if you are like me, seems like tomorrow.)
For those of you who are looking for a theme - the theme is you, your work and your vision.
and as extra incentive - all of the submissions for the show are seen by me, and considered submissions for the gallery. While I won't put in my 2 cents to affect George's vision for the final selection, just know I am looking at them too. Some of the new artists we have found from the last 3 years are
Joseph O. Holmes, last seen in 20x200 today
New Directions 2009
curated by George Slade
6 January - 7 February, 2009
Artist Reception 5 February, 2008
Lecture with George Slade - 6 February, 2008 6-8pm; in conjunction with Photographic Center Northwest.
We are currently accepting submissions for our third annual juried show - New Directions.
Curated and Juried by George Slade
About Mr. Slade
Photography Curator, Historian, Writer and Advisor
George Slade is an historian of photography and a native Minnesotan. He became the artistic director and chief curator of the Minnesota Center for Photography (MCP in 2003 after serving as a curator, editor, writer, and advisor to the organization since 1992. His position at MCP ended when the organization closed at the end of July of this year. He has also directed the McKnight Foundation Artist Fellowships for Photographers Program since 1998.
He has served as a juror for for CoPA in Milwaukee, IRevelar in Atlanta (organized by Naomi Silva Gallery) with Clint Willour and Rick Perez. Mr. Slade is a reviewer for Critical Mass 2008, and will also be in New Orleans at PhotoNola in December of this year.
- Your entry (via mail with CD or on-line) must reach the gallery by 15 November 2008.
- A maximum of 5 images may be submitted
- Traditional or Digital Images may be submitted
- Submission fee is $35USD. If mailing entry, enclose payment. If submitting on-line, we will call you within 48 hours for payment.
- Image selections will be made and artists notified 13 December 2008.
- Selected images must be delivered to the gallery framed and ready for exhibition between 26 December 2008 and 6 January 2009.
- Framed exhibition prints must not exceed 20x24.